LifeTimers meet on the third Thursday of each month in Maresh Hall. In addition to their monthly luncheon meeting, this senior adult ministry (50+) organizes group travel, programs and ministry opportunities.
LifeTimers Leadership Team
- Co-Directors: Linda Mason & Kay Morrison
- Co-Secretaries: Carol Hagler & Lisa Shinkins
- Co-Treasurers: Melissa Brown & Anna Dillon
- Programs: Debby Bussey, John & Kay Franklin, Jeni Cook Furr, Barbara Higdon, Mary Moses, Ed & Mary Nichols, Mike & Lisa Massar, and Ed Twedt
- Arrangements & Decorations: Carol Hagler
- Public Relations: Derlene Williams
- IT & Technical Set-Up: Lance Mayes
- Day Trip Coordinator: Linda Mason
- Greeters & Name Tag Coordinators: PJ & Jayne Heath, Tim & Mary Son and Al Staggs & Martha Morse
- CAR (Catch A Ride) & Caller Coordinator: Debby Bussey
- Callers: Kathy Barnes, Gayle Black, Barbara Cage, Anna Dillon, Kay Ely, Ann Elizabeth Howell, Bettie Claire Jackson, Marion Manuel, Linda Mason, Sheila Norton, Cheryl Sharp, Becky
Upchurch, and Debarah Wilson
- Photographers: Marilyn Gladson & John Franklin
- Physical Setup & Take Down Chairs & Tables: Ramiro Hernandez
- Piano Players: Becky Upchurch & Margaret Bray
- Newsletter Editor: Barbara Higdon
Click here to email photos and tidbits
- Cook Teams
- Doralee Shannon & friends –Spaghetti (Oct.)
- Becky Upchurch & friends — Pork roast (Nov.)
- Kathy Barnes, Shirley Cowden, Edith Geurin, Mary Russell, BJ Wachel (Dec. and Mar.)
- Carol Hagler & friends– Carol’s Chili and cornbread (Jan.)
- Diana Bridges & ESL Cooks (Feb.)
- Barbara Higdon & friends–Fiesta casserole (April)
- Beverage Gals & Guys:
- Henry Bussey, Phil Mason, Beverly Dugas, and Dianne Porter
If you are not currently a member of our LifeTimers group, you are missing out on lots of fun. As LifeTimers, we “live LIFE fully for the TIME God gives us.” We warmly welcome Woodland’s members who are 50+ and their friends (we have a strict “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy where age is concerned, so don’t let that keep you away).
This is a great opportunity for enjoying a delightful lunch and getting to know others while being entertained by guest performers or speakers. LifeTimers also sponsors local day trips and extended destination trips.
LifeTimers gather together on the third Thursday of the month from September through May in Maresh Hall at 11:00 AM. (Except November when we meet the second Thursday)
A LifeTimers one-time membership costs $10; our delicious lunch is $5.
If your name is not on the regular calling list, please help us set up enough places by calling the church office at 210-493-4501 or contact Carol Hagler at email@example.com.
- October 19 — Mike Masser “One Apple Invention From Going the
Way of Dinosaurs”
- November 9 — David Goree Educational Director at Friedrich Park
- December 21 — Daniel, Lois, and Edie Christmas Music and Sing Along
- January 18 — Bingo Blast with Hans and Linda
- February 15 — George Mason “The Word made Flesh”
- March 21 — Nilda Navarro “Keep the Hearthfire Burning Military Families”
- April 18 — Lois Gagne “God’s Grace: A Journey from Quebe’cois
Roots to God’s Providence in San Antonio”
- May — Annual Day Trip (TBA)
LifeTimers Newsletters are sent monthly through MailChimp.