Cultivating Beloved Community
We cultivate and sustain relationships that reflect the peace and acceptance of God’s Kingdom, on earth as it is in heaven.
The Gospel equips us …
- To offer radical hospitality to newcomers and neighbors, because we were strangers as well.
- To reconcile all peoples, because Christ as broken down the wall of hostility between us.
- To demonstrate the Kingdom we proclaim through the character of our life together in the local church.
Ephesians 2:13-14, 17-22
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace; in his flesh he has made both into one and has broken down the dividing wall, that is, the hostility between us, 17 So he came and proclaimed peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near, 18 for through him both of us have access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then, you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and also members of the household of God, 20 built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the cornerstone;,* 21 in him the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are built together spiritually into a dwelling place for God.
9 After this I looked, and there was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, robed in white, with palm branches in their hands. 10 They cried out in a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who is seated on the throne and to the Lamb!”
11 And all the angels stood around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12 singing,
“Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom
and thanksgiving and honor
and power and might
be to our God forever and ever! Amen.”
For further thought:
- What vision does God have for Woodland’s ministry of hospitality?
- How is our church proclaiming God’s kingdom through our life together?